Wednesday 22 February 2012

Hot yoga done and now ready to hit the road with my pack

Hello everyone.  I am sticking with my plan today, other than the fact that I decided it was more sensible to go to the 9.30am hot yoga class instead of the 6.30am one.  I have plenty of hours left to run.  I don't have to be back at any particular time this evening, as Anny will be out too.  If need be I can run in the dark and I will take my head torch with me just in case.

I have prepared my rucksack for the run, and it weighs 7.5kg.  I stuffed it with some useful items such as a head torch, a couple of bottles of water and my ski jacket, and then a few less useful items just for some extra weight, such as a pair of boots.  It will be the heaviest I have trained with so far, but it doesn't feel that heavy so lets see.  I always have the option of drinking all the water, which will lower the pack weight by a few kilos, although if I can I will try to drink the water from the water fountains and keep the pack at this weight as much as possible.

I will stop off at Zurich HB beforehand to get some power bars and energy drinks that I can eat and drink during the run.  I think after that my plan will be to run up to the zoo and then into the forest and along the ridge.  I don't have to follow any set route though, so I can see where the wind takes me after that.

During the hot yoga I was wearing my heart rate monitor and chest strap.  I want to see what adaptations take place as I do more and more sessions in terms of my heart rate.  It should start to drop as I get used to training in the heat.  In case you are interested here is the link to the activity on my Garmin Connect site http://connect.garmin.com/activity/151624056.  My average heart rate was 99bpm and my maximum heart rate was 136bpm.  It did feel a little easier to handle the heat today compared to the first time, although that may be just my imagination, as my body probably hasn't adapted that quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment