Friday 10 June 2011

Sometimes despite the best intentions you just can't motivate yourself to get out of bed at 5.30am

This morning I was meant to get up at 5.30am to do a bike ride and some gym work before starting work at 9am.  I set my alarm last night but when it went off I really didn't feel like I wanted to get up.  So I did the usual thing I do when I am too tired to get up and set it for 1 hour later.  But 1 hour later when the alarm went off at 6.30am I still didn't feel like getting up.  So I set the alarm for 7.30am.  At 7.30am when it went off I did get up, but don't you find it ridiculous that I lost 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep for nothing.  I could have just set it for 7.30am in the first place.  I am sure I am not alone in this bad habit though.

I did however manage to get in some training at lunchtime.  It wasn't on the bike though, I went running instead.  This time there was no weighted pack on my back as I hadn't prepared it beforehand, so it felt really easygoing with just my own bodyweight to propel along.  It was almost as if I had lost 5kg in a few weeks (the weight of my pack from last time).  It felt like I was floating in the air like a butterfly - a big 80kg butterfly.

2 comments:

  1. Wicked I was 95kg for the Dragon Ride last Sunday so if I get myself down to 90kg I can float like a butterfly up the Galibier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you would really feel the difference. 5kg in 3 weeks is a bit extreme though. I am hoping to lose 2kg in the next 3 weeks but only if it comes through eating healthily and not through starving myself, as I don't want to lose muscle

    ReplyDelete