Sunday 26 June 2011

Non training related subject - is anyone going to Lima, Peru? And if so are you looking for an apartment to hire?

Hi folks

I hope you are all enjoying your weekends.  The sun is shining and when that happens everything feels just fine and dandy.  The reason for my post today is not training related.  It just so happens that Anny's family have decided to rent their apartment in the nicest district of Lima called Miraflores.  The apartment is just 10 minutes from the beach and has 2 bedrooms.  The building has 24 hour security and is very well maintained and situated.

I know that quite a lot of us Europeans go to Peru as it has lots of amazing sites to offer such as Machu Pichu, and people tend to fly into Lima and then travel onwards from there.  So rather than just going straight from Lima to Cusco to see Machu Pichu and to do the Inca trail, maybe you want to take a few days repose in Lima itself and enjoy all the hustle bustle and Latino atmosphere that it has to offer.

If you are visiting Lima then drop me an email to paul_janes@hotmail.com and I can send you some pictures of the apartment and put you in contact with Anny's family who own the apartment.  Then you can discuss prices e.t.c.  As a rough guide the price would be 100USD per day for use of the 2 bedrooms, which is on par with other apartments in the same area, but at least here you know who you are dealing with if you know me, and you don't have to worry about getting scammed.

I myself will be staying in the apartment after my Vuelta Sudamerica bike tour from Buenos Aires to Cusco for a couple of weeks.  By the way for those of you who have been following my blog regularly I thank you greatly and I can assure you that it will get much much more interesting once I depart for South America.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment