Tuesday 29 March 2011

Summary of Monday and Tuesday's training

The data for Monday's run can be found here http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75972696

The data for tonight's run can be found here http://connect.garmin.com/activity/76007662

Well folks the marathon is not that far away anymore.  Only 3 weeks to go.  After this weekend I will start the tapering period and will begin cutting back the distance and pace of the runs.  This Saturday or Sunday will be the last time I do a really long run of 33km.  This would mean I have run 33km three times in total during my training, which is usually the maximum recommended number of times to run such a distance in preparation for a marathon.

The last few days have been good solid training and the problems I was having with my knee in the past seems to have completely disappeared.  Yesterday lunchtime I jogged slowly to the woods near work and then did 6 short sprints interspersed with slow jogging to recover.  During each sprint my heartbeat went up to around 150bpm or just over.  Then I jogged slowly back to work to warm down.

Tonight I took Negrita and went for a 1 hour medium paced run near to the lake.  Negrita kept up well and I felt very strong today.  My right Achilles tendon is every so slightly sore so I will take tomorrow's run easier.  I will also ice it tonight just as a precautionary measure.

Lunchtime was also yoga as usual.  I was practising handstands before the lesson and have found that when I manage to get up in the beginning without immediately losing my balance, I can start holding the handstand for a while by shifting weight between my fingertips to continuously adjust my balance.  Practise makes perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment