Saturday 5 March 2011

MBT shoes

I am not normally one for following all the latest fads, but today I thought I would buy a pair of MBT shoes to check out if they are really as good as they say they are.  The vendor told me that the models are more or less the same in terms of the technology, except for the sports models which are narrower and have even more of a curved sole.  I decided I would go for one of these models.

For those who don't know MBT shoes they are not the prettiest shoes on the market but they are designed to simulate walking on sand barefoot and the sole is curved so your leg muscles have to work more.  Hence why they are called "the active shoe".  They are also meant to put less pressure on your joints and to help stretch your soft tissues.

I have worn them for about 3 hours today and the sensation is certainly different.  It does indeed feel like walking barefoot on the beach, which in my opinion is extremely pleasurable.  I am not finding it tiring on my muscles but I can feel my knee working a little to create stability.  This will either be a good thing or a bad thing for my runners knee depending on if they work my knee just enough to strengthen it or too much and hence aggravate it.

I will let you know how I get on with them in due course.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I tried MBTs on at a show and they felt much better if you are just standing around. When I stand still for a bit my back really hurts, with the back sagging into a bad s shape, these shoes seemed to align the body much more naturally. I think I would get those shoes if I had a job where I had to stand around a lot.

    ReplyDelete