Monday 21 February 2011

27km of cross country skiing last Saturday

The furthest I have cross country skied in one day before was at Gluringen when I covered 20km.  But last Saturday I went to Studen and thought I would attempt the complete circuit which is 27km.  The first 16km was fairly easy and then I stopped for a drink.  The second part was much harder and my strength was really starting to fade.  It's a bit disconcerting to see people whoosh past you like they are just having a Sunday stroll but then again it probably isn't their first season of cross country.  They may even live in the area in which case they can easily train several times per week.

Finally after much effort I completed the full loop - 27km.  I took a well earned drink and rest and then headed back to Zurich to meet with Anny and her mum for a nice meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment